Background

Monday, June 2, 2014

Would you accept this rose?

Confession... I love watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette! I began watching it about 5 or 6 seasons ago and got hooked. Since my husband is sweet enough to watch it with me, a couple of weeks ago we hosted a "Bachelorette" double date. It turned out to be really fun! My sister-in-law and her husband are fans as well and so we invited them to join us. We did this date for the season premiere but it could obviously be done for any episode! Also, if your significant other isn't interested in the major chick flick type of TV shows, then do it with group of friends!

First, in order to ask my hubby on the date, I sent him this text...



That night, before our guests arrived, we decorated our table with roses, rose petals, and candles.



Once our guests arrived, I gave each person their very own "rose" (marshmallow roses)! Chocolate roses would be great too. We also poured ourselves Sparkling Cider in our glasses.



As we snuggled with our hubbies and watched the episode we played a game! We each had a paper that listed all of the guys that would be on the episode. Knowing that six of them would "go home" at the end of that episode, we each made notes next to each name during the episode and then chose the 6 that we thought would be going home. I must mention that I won this game by guessing 3 out of the 6 correctly! ;) 



This date took a regular "watch TV at home" night and turned it into a fun double date! We want to do this date again when the season finale rolls around. It was a hit! 




No comments:

Post a Comment