Background

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hotel Suite at Home

Sometimes you want to have a relaxing night away but don't want to spend the money on a hotel. Or maybe you have kids and don't have someone to watch them overnight. Both of those issues are ones that my hubby and I were dealing with. So... I decided that I would turn our bedroom into a hotel suite for the night! It turned out to be fun and special!

The key to this date is to find ways to change your regular old bedroom into a fancy hotel suite. Do activities that are out of the norm and things you would do if you were on a vacation night away from home. Here is what we did...

I decorated our room and had some sparkling cider, chocolates, and a welcome letter for us when we entered. I left my hubby out of the loop and so it was fun to see his surprise when we walked in.



We began the evening by sipping our sparkling cider and enjoying chocolate while we chatted. Next, we went to a "spa". I had a basket prepared with everything we needed to for spa treatments. We gave each other facials and foot/back massages. 


After our trip to the "spa", we chose one of the movies that I had set out to watch. I can count the number of times we have watched a movie in bed at home on two fingers, so this was out of the norm for us. At hotels we love to watch TV or movies in bed so it definitely reminded us of that. 

The next morning we enjoyed a continental breakfast in bed. I prepared the tray before the date started the night before so the next morning all I had to do was go downstairs and bring it up. If you have kids I would recommend getting up before them so that you can enjoy your breakfast with your spouse without little hands banging on the door :) 


Overall, both my hubby and I felt like this date fed our desire to stay in a hotel suite! We didn't even have to spend any money or get a babysitter... BONUS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment