Background

Friday, April 25, 2014

Anniversary! Relive your wedding day!

Celebrating a wedding anniversary can be one of the most special occasions of the year! This month, my husband and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary. That's a milestone, right?! Marriage is something that needs to be nurtured and rekindled. What we did on our anniversary this year did just that! On the day of our anniversary we "relived" our wedding day! Confused? Well I'll tell ya how we did it!

At 10:00 am, the time that we got married five years earlier, we were in the place that we got married! We got married in the LDS Temple in Rexburg, ID so we spent the morning there!

Picture from here 

Next, because we had mexican food at our wedding luncheon, we went out to a Mexican restaurant!


That evening, I sent my hubby to get cupcakes from the exact place that catered the cupcakes at our wedding reception. While he was gone, I pulled together as many decorations as possible to take our minds back five years. I set out my wedding dress, some flowers from our wedding, and our wedding invitation.





Once my hubby got back, we ate our desert, looked at our wedding pictures and watched out wedding video footage. You could also listen to any wedding music you have and have a "first dance" to the song you danced to on your wedding day! You can continue to "relive" what you did after your reception as well (wink, wink).




This whole anniversary date idea can be a special way to rekindle your love. It was so much fun to think back to that special day and celebrate with my hubby. Just like we did on that exact day years earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment